Post Operative Instructions for Biopsies on Face
After your excisional biopsy of your skin, please follow the instructions below for optimal healing. The skin sutures will remain for 5-7 days.
- Do not submerge wound in a pool, hot tub, or water until the sutures are removed. Showering is O.K.
- Keep wound clean. Wearing a band aid is optional. Each night clean biopsy sites with Q-tips and a 50/50 mix of hydrogen peroxide and water until all scabs are removed.
- Keep biopsy sites moist. Apply antibiotic ointment as needed to keep wounds covered with ointment at all time.
- Antibiotics are usually not necessary.
- Notify Dr. Schultz if there is extreme bleeding, swelling, redness, or pain.
Call during business hours if you have any questions at Dr. Charles J Schultz, Southeast Dental Group, PC Phone Number 907-586-9586.
After hours an emergency contact number is found on the office recording.