Post Operative Instructions for Nasal Fractures
Your nasal fracture that has been repaired by splinting your cavity. Please follow the instructions below for optimal healing.
- The nasal splint, internal splint, nasal packing and sutures should be removed in 7 days.
- Do not blow your nose for 6 weeks.
- Keep your head elevated at all times for 7 days.
- Take antibiotics and pain medicine as prescribed.
- Keep suture sites moist. Apply antibiotic ointment as needed to keep wounds covered with ointment at all times.
- Please maintain your follow-up appointments as directed by Dr. Schultz.
- Notify Dr. Schultz if there is extreme bleeding, swelling, redness, and pain.
Call during business hours if you have any questions at Dr. Charles J Schultz, Southeast Dental Group, PC Phone Number 907-586-9586.
After hours an emergency contact number if found on the office recording.