Post Operative Instructions for Jaw Fractures
If you have had a mandible fracture, the fracture has been repaired by stabilizing your bottom jaw to your top jaw.
- Leave wires and/or rubber bands on. If your jaw moves in the six weeks it takes to heal, the fracture can not heal properly.
- Liquid diet for six weeks
- Keep wire cutters with you in case you have an emergency like a car accident and emergency personnel need to access your airway. These are never for you to use.
- Take prescriptions as directed.
- Continue to brush the cheek side of your teeth with a soft tooth brush. After eating, rinse your mouth out with water.
- Please maintain your follow-up appointments as directed by Dr. Schultz.
- Notify Dr. Schultz if there is extreme swelling or pain.
Call during business hours if you have any questions at Dr. Charles J Schultz, Southeast Dental Group, PC Phone Number 907-586-9586.
After hours an emergency contact number if found on the office recording.