Post Operative Instuctions for Free Gingival Grafts
You will need to wear your surgical stent for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks after surgery.
- Some bleeding can be expected within the first 24 hours.
- Do not rinse your mouth during the first two weeks.
- Follow your regular oral hygiene procedures but avoid surgical areas.
- Excessive exercise should be avoided for the first few days to permit a firm clot to form.
- A nutritious diet will promote healing. You should focus on soft foods for the first two weeks after surgery.
- Leave the plastic stent in your mouth for 48 hours. After this remove stent in the morning and evening to brush and clean the plastic stent. Wear 24 hours a day for the first two weeks.
- Please maintain your post operative appointments as directed by Dr. Schultz.
- Notify Dr. Schultz if there is extreme bleeding, swelling, redness, or pain.
Call during business hours if you have any questions at Dr. Charles J Schultz, Southeast Dental Group, PC Phone Number 907-586-9586.
After hours an emergency contact number is found on the office recording.